Being stubborn isn’t always a bad thing. But if you’re standing your ground for the wrong reasons (like if you hate to be wrong), you’ll do more damage than good. Since it’s hard to recognize stubbornness in yourself, look out for these signs that you’re being inflexible:
- You keep at an idea or plan, or insist on making your point, even when you know you’re wrong.
- You do what you want to do even if no one else wants you to do it.
- When others present an idea, you tend to point out all the reasons it won’t work.
- You visibly feel anger, frustration, and impatience when others try to persuade you of something you don’t agree with.
- You commit halfheartedly to others’ requests because you know you’re going to do something entirely different.